The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic - Kathleen Valentine Mattie and Stan inherit a Beacon Hill townhouse from Mattie's Grandmother on GrammyLou's death. In [b:The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic|12112006|The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic|Kathleen Valentine|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351370345s/12112006.jpg|17081104], the first story in [a:Kathleen Valentine|833689|Kathleen Valentine|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1274487284p2/833689.jpg]'s Crazy Old Lady series of stories, they decide to spend the summer living in the townhouse so that they can fix it up and sell it. As they sort through GrammyLou's belongings, a story unfolds that has Mattie and Stan intrigued and nothing will do but for them to figure it out. This story had me intrigued, too, from beginning to end. I have a thing for psychological thrillers and this one, though short, is up there with the best. In true Kathleen Valentine style, this story is so well written that I became immersed in it. I sat down to begin reading it and before I knew it I had come to the end. The end itself left me satisfied, but at the same time, wishing for more. Another story would be just the thing.

I have to admit, my mother read this story when it first came out, but I didn't get to read it until recently. I really wish that I had read it sooner. For those of you who like psychological thrillers, don't wait on this one. Read it now! You won't be sorry.