A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks This book is a true Nicholas Sparks book, sweet, sentimental, and sad at the end. I gave the book three stars. I picked this book because the movie is one of my favorite movies, and usually if I like the movie, I will like the book better. The book usually gives me extra insight into the characters. While I liked the book, this is one of the rare cases where I actually liked the movie better. I felt that the characters in the movie had more depth to them then those in the book. The book spent too much time getting to the part where Landon realizes that he loves Jamie, and not enough time on the relationship. One of the things that I particularly liked about the movie was the way Landon began to fill all of the items on Jamie's list for her. In the book, there was no list, so we missed all the growth that sequence of events showed. I think that if I would have read the book first, I might have liked it more, but I am not sure. At any rate, I much preferred either Message in a Bottle or my all time fave of his The Notebook to this story. I guess I would say it was cute, but not powerful as some of his other stories have been.