Belong to Me - Marisa de los Santos Wow - I felt the writing style in this book was phenomenal. I guess she is a poet by trade, and has only written two novels. I loved the characters she came up with, faulty as they were. All were so full of life and personality. I really enjoyed being a part of their lives. In fact, there wasn't one character in the book that I thought was uninteresting. I really enjoyed the way the author developed the characters also. At the end, I found myself sad that my peek into their lives was over, and wanting to know what their future was like. I hope the author continues to write novels. She seems to have a knack for characters.

If I had any criticism of the book, it is that the plot line was pretty predictable. I had figured out early on in the book where the story line was going. Even though the story was predictable, though, the characters involved were such good characters, that I didn't really care. It was like the ending wasn't important, it was what happened to the characters along the way that mattered.

I am going to get her first book and read it, and hope to see more from this author in the future.