The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown So far I have loved everything that Dan Brown has written and this book didn't disappoint. Once again we are thrown into Robert Langdon's world of symbolism and the role it plays in our everyday lives. There was so much information in this book that I had to keep reminding myself that it was a work of fiction. As usual, Dan Brown mentioned a number of subjects that I now want to research on my own, like the connection between the Masons and the Shriners, the legend of the Ancient Mysteries, the Masonic symbolism hidden through out Washington D.C., the field of Noetic Sciences, and many more.

One of the things that I particularly enjoyed about this book, and Dan Brown's books in general, are the characters that he invents. They are always complex and interesting. I love that most of them have hidden agendas, nothing is ever as straight forward as it seems. Another reason that I enjoyed the book is the level of action. From the very start, things begin to happen that have your questioning why and where the story is going. And it doesn't let up as the book progresses.

My only complaint about this book was the revelation of who the evil character in the book was and why he was involved. I felt that it was a let down, and that the end of the story was a little flat. For that reason I give the book four stars.