The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn - Alison Weir First, I have to say that I find the Tudor dynasty fascinating, and have since I first read about them in my teens. That said, my reading up until this point has mostly centered around historical fiction. This is my first non-fiction book about Anne Boleyn, and my first non-fiction book by Alison Weir. When I first began this book, I had already read some Weir, but all novels. After the first chapter of this book, I admit, I was worried, as it took me a little while to get used the numerous quotes appearing in the text. What threw me off, was both the medieval style of language, which is so different from our own and takes some getting used to. Additionally, the fact that many sentences were peppered with more than one quote, made the reading seem a little choppy.

Once I got used to the above, though, I flew through this book. I found Weir's analysis insightful and interesting. I really enjoyed the many theories and legends that she discussed with respect to Anne and her downfall, and the methodical way that she addressed their likelihood of being factual. Although it is clear throughout the book that Weir has an opinion as to Anne's guilt or innocence, I found that her writing style and ability to show all sides of an argument allowed me to draw some of my own conclusions, which were not necessarily the same as her's. For that, I would like to thank Ms. Weir.

All in all - I give the book 4 stars. It is an excellent book that I would recommend for anyone who is fascinated, or has questions about, the Tudors, Medieval England, the history of the British Royalty, or Anne Boleyn herself. I even found her appendixes and footnotes interesting.