Twisted - Andrea Kane This is the first book that I have read byAndrea Kane, but I have been wanting to read it for a while. One of my GR clubs read it for a group read, but it was such a popular book that I couldn't get a copy from the library. I just finished the book about 5 minutes ago and I will say that it was a good read from beginning to end. It had everything that a book of this type needs, complex characters, a good story line, interesting sub lines, and a tie in to Greek gods and goddess that was interesting and different.

By the end of the book I was really invested in all of the characters. The villain turned out to be one of the characters that I had picked out early on in the book, but was by no means my first or second choice. In fact, Ms. Kane did such a good job of switching between reality and the psychotic world of the villain, that I had pretty much dismissed this character until shortly before she revealed who the killer actually was. Until that time, I kept going back and forth between two other characters that seemed to me to be more likely. I really enjoy it when an author can fool me, or make me keep guessing how the story will end, and who is playing what role. Kudos to Ms. Kane.

As for the killer, what a great character Andrea Kane developed there. He had so many sides that he ended up personifying good and evil all in one character. Very complex and interesting. Actually, the same thing can be said for both Sloane and Derek, the two main characters. Although the characters exhibited much of the characteristics that you would expect in them, they also had some complexities that were unique.

All in all I am giving this book 4 stars as it was thrilling and interesting, and I am already looking forward to reading the next Sloane Burbank book as well as others by Ms Kane.