The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory Regardless of what you think about Philippa Gregory, she is a great storyteller, and this book did not disappoint. I know that she is not long on historical accuracy, I know that she embellishes and invents. I also know that this story was a page turner from beginning to end.

This book is the story of the demise of Katherine of Aragon as Queen of England, and the rise of Anne Boleyn, as told through the voice of Anne's sister Mary. It is a story fraught with romance, lust, political intrigue....all of the things that we look for in a good story. Gregory imbues her characters wonderful personalities that make them leap off the page for us. Her Anne is the at times intense, narcissistic, driven, and yet still at times vulnerable. Mary is sweet, pliable, and kind-hearted. Plus we have the George, Henry, Katherine, and many other notables of Henry VIII's court. Through their antics in this book the debauchery of Henry's court comes alive.

To sum it up, do I really think that this is exactly what the court was like? Do I think the characters are portrayed exactly as they were? The answer to both of these questions is no, but, do I think that this was a great story told with the backdrop of Henry VIII's court and his all consuming quest for a son? The answer is a resounding YES!!