Halfway to the Grave - Jeaniene Frost Imagine Cat, a half human, half vampire being that preys on vampires. Because of her birth circumstances, she hates vampires and only wants to see them dead. Add a suave vampire who has somehow become a vampire killing bounty hunter, a sizzling personal attraction, and lots of action and you have a great plot for a book.

This book is excellent. It pulled me in at the very beginning, and didn't disappoint as the book went on. For someone like me who is a fan of both The Dresden Files and the Fever series, this book was a natural. It is right down the same alley as those two series and has helped to solidify my growing love of the urban fantasy genre. This book was a group read for The Novel Ladies group, but it wasn't until Crystal said Bones reminded her of Harry Dresden that I decided to read it. I am so glad that I did. Although I have to say, I felt Cat was more like Harry than Bones was. Like Harry, Cat is a human with paranormal talents. Also like Harry, she is a loner, has basically no family, has a thing for vampires in both a good and a bad way, and has not yet reached her true potential. 'Nuff said. There are three other books in this series so far, and I intend to read them all. I also hope that the author continues to write books in the series.

I gave this book 4.5 stars. It would have gotten 5 stars, except I was disappointed that Cat ended up with Bones so easily, soon. However, the author definitely redeemed this problem as the story unfolded. After getting to the end, I can see that it was appropriate for the way the story would unfold.